Monday, March 31, 2008

Song of the Day

My song for today is Michael-John Azzopardi's beautiful 'Bells of St Andrew's'

Today the sun is sleeping 
the clouds they are weeping
washing the colours to grey
Under the bells of St Andrew's
an old man in yesternews
silently sleeping the day away

Well it's too late for praying
now that's what they're saying
go on fool just get away
But that's just the problem
there's too much promise
to say it's all a waste anyway

Well today I'm not worries
today I'm in no hurry
guess I'll just let me escape
Because life's and illusion
someone else's confusion
but that's okay I'll take the blame

Well seasons keep turning 
I'm too dumb for learning
I keep on making the same old mistake
Well I've lost my direction 
can't make a connection
everything seems so vague

Today the sun is sleeping
the clouds they are weeping
they even wash the smile from my face
Under the bells of St Andrew's
an old man in yesternews
silently passes away

Pretty sad song, but Michael is a genius with his guitar. I'm so proud to be able to say that I know him, and if you get a chance to see him, you'd be an idiot to miss out. New CD out soon, the tracks he let me listen to sound great, so keep an eye out for it. Beautiful man, beautiful guitar, beautiful voice - you can't go wrong.

For a short snippet go to http://www.michaelazzopardi.com/selftitledaudio.htm then click on the little red arrow/fast forward buttony thing on the music player until it says Bells of St Andrews in the top right corner
Check out his website at www.michaelazzopardi.com/about  or his myspace at www.myspace.com/michaeljohnazzopardi, I think it's on his player there too.

No comments: